Perfectionism, we as entrepreneurs are infected with it and it can seriously get in the way of success!
How do you recognize if your a perfectionist?
- Overemphasis on “I should” instead of “I will”
- All-or-nothing thinking
- Fear of making mistakes
- Fear of disapproval
- Fear of failure
- Believing that others are easily successful
How do you handle your perfectionist behaviour?
- Celebrate the small successes along the way. Appreciate yourself for learning something new. Take your entire focus off the end result, keep it in the back of your mind, but focus on your current tasks.
- If you hit bumps along the way, don’t sweat it, EVERYONE does. Find a way through it.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Delegate if possible, what you are not good at.
- Confront your fears: what is the worst thing that could happen if sales copy is not perfect? Realize fear occurs every time we try something new.
4 simple reason why most people procrastinate:
- Because something is difficult
- When something is time consuming
- When you feel you lack the knowledge or skills required
Tips for handling your procrastination:
- Make the tasks look small and easy.
- Do only a small part of the task in a scheduled 1 hour time slot
- Commit by sending me an email of what you are going to do for next time.
- Plan and establish priorities – Time budgeting is most important. Schedule out a time to work on your project and stick to it then stop once the time is up.
Written by Mark Stoffels